A Collection of
Reflections,
Memories

and Celebrations

for John's 60th Birthday

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (Laverne Jacobs)


In 60 years there is so much to choose from.  What should I choose.  Choosing the Good is no fun.  But if I choose the Bad or the Ugly, then I might get into trouble OR John will.  Maybe something in between. 

In those 60 years there is a lot of good.  And I’ve been blessed to be a recipient of the good.  I have had the privilege and joy of having John as a colleague and friend during my time with both the Anglican and United Churches.  We’ve had the support of each other during budget cuts and staff lay-offs.  We’ve shared the joy of watching a people rise up and walk and heal from residential school trauma.  John, thank you sharing a wonderful journey with me.

Love and Happy Birthday,

Laverne

No comments:

Post a Comment