A Collection of
Reflections,
Memories

and Celebrations

for John's 60th Birthday

Monday, April 29, 2013

to John at 60

60 don't seem so bad
specially when your 57
it seems much closer than it was
betwixt age four and seven

you was three when i was born
a brother there was none finer
all those years ahead of us
and me a little whiner

you paved the way for me to follow
i was just a little nipper
you taught me how to pay attention
when doing up my zipper

we had our spats you teased me fierce
you always were much bigger
once you made me so damn mad
i chased you with the scissors

we worked beside our dear old dad
you have to give him credit
the lumber yard  our training ground
"if that's lunch i've had it"

Hilmar, Bill and Walter to
a jolly saucy crew
a few hard cases i will admit
but they were brave and true

you went out west at age 16
with your good old buddy paul
you came back home with tails galore
you had to tell me all

life has brought it's trials and tribs
often causing mayhem
but when encountering hills and dales
we find it best to ski em

so now i find I must conclude
this waxing to extremes
your the best brother I ever had
and the only one it seems

No comments:

Post a Comment