A Collection of
Reflections,
Memories

and Celebrations

for John's 60th Birthday

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Birthday Prayer for John (Penny Christiaans)



I call John my friend and I remember giving thanks to Creator for bringing him into my life.  

The interesting way we began our friendship through a very special man Paul who has taken his journey to the spirit world.  I'm not sure if I feel comfortable sharing that with everyone but John is familiar with that story.  It is what bonded John and I from the get go and I have been continually grateful for his support and his person.

I would like to share this special prayer that I had found in the book “Prayers for Life’s Ordinary and Extraordinary Moments” with some personal touches of my own.

    Creator, thank you for my wise friend John, for our many conversations
    John helps me to sort through my struggles
    His support seem to come as a word through you to ease my sole
    I am grateful you have placed him in my life
    Creator please continue to protect and guide him
    And give richly of your wisdom and your spirit
    Teach me to let your spirit come through me as easily as it comes through John
    And use me to touch others in whatever way you choose
    I pray in the spirit of Creator
    Whom you used so incredibly
   And who showed us how to love our friends.

John, here is wishing you a great big “Happy Bird Day”  from your colleague, friend and a kindred spirit.

Love, Penny Christiaans

This is a picture of John, myself and Rev Phil Schuyler of Oneida.  The event was the “Remember, Reconcile, Rejoice” for residential schools survivors in Mount Elgin.  John of course has a towel and a hat on his head…so John.

No comments:

Post a Comment