A Collection of
Reflections,
Memories

and Celebrations

for John's 60th Birthday

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Unique Negotiator (from Tony Mason)

John had a foot pedal he lent me and it was time to buy it so I said:

 T:    Hey John, how much for that foot pedal you lent me?
J:     What's it worth?
T:    How much did you pay for it?
J:    $130 new I believe.
 T:   Well my policy is, on band break ups, that equipment is worth $0.50 on the dollar.
       So that would be $65...
J:     I'll take $30...
T:     $55...
J:      $40...
T:     $50...
J:      Sold to the man with the red hair for $45!

 When people ask me about John, that's the story I tell them. And I really think it's a great indicator of who John is.

Love & Blessings

Tony Mason
(Former Swingbridge bandmate)

No comments:

Post a Comment